Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
The Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs works closely with the Executive Vice President and Provost in areas including faculty development, leadership training, promotion and tenure, executive searches and reviews, and other issues related to academic personnel and their concerns. The Vice Provost also serves as the Provost’s contact person for the Big Ten Academic Alliance, the academic arm of the Big Ten Conference, and the University Faculty Senate in issues relating to faculty affairs, and is the liaison for the Provost and President to University deans and chancellors.
- Nomination materials for the 2020-21 Penn State Laureate are due by Monday, January 20, 2020.
Learn more about this annual faculty honor and the Laureate’s role, and the nomination submission requirements.
- Applications for the 2020-21 Administrative Fellows Program are due by Thursday, January 30, 2020.
Learn more about the prestigious program and download the application form.
Penn State Faculty Affairs News
- Application deadline approaching for 2020-21 Administrative Fellows Program (materials due by Thursday, January 30, 2020)
- Penn State’s new visiting scholar policy takes effect
(Visit the new Visiting Scholars webpage for additional information.)
- 2020-21 Administrative Fellows Program open for applications
(Visit the Administrative Fellows page for additional information.)
- Nominations open for President’s Award for Excellence in Academic Integration
- Nominations sought for 2020-21 Penn State Laureate (materials due by Monday, January 20, 2020)
- Penn State establishes new policy on visiting scholars
- Nominations now open for Evan Pugh University Professorships
- Penn State announces promotions for nontenure-line faculty, effective July 1, 2019
- Penn State announces promotions in academic rank for tenure and tenure-line faculty, effective July 1, 2019
- Six Penn State faculty receive Fulbright Awards for 2019-20
- Five Big Ten Academic Alliance Department Executive Officer (DEO) Fellows named for 2019-20
- Six named 2019-20 Big Ten Academic Alliance Academic Leadership Program (ALP) Fellows
- Three selected as Administrative Fellows for 2019-20 academic year
- William J. Doan, professor of theatre, named 2019-20 Penn State Laureate
- Michael Berkman is 2019 recipient of President’s Award for Excellence in Academic Integration
- Ten faculty members named 2019 Distinguished Professors at Penn State
- New Red Folder Initiative to aid faculty, staff in helping distressed students
- Penn State announces fixed-term faculty promotions, effective July 1, 2018
- Mohamad A. Ansari, associate professor of mathematics at Penn State Berks, named University Faculty Ombudsperson
- Three selected as Administrative Fellows for 2018-19
- Penn State announces promotions in academic rank for tenured and tenure-line faculty, effective July 1, 2018
- John Champagne named 2018-19 Penn State Laureate
- Four faculty members honored with Evan Pugh University Professorships
- Big Ten Academic Alliance names Penn State’s 2018-19 Academic Leadership Fellows and Department Executive Program Fellows
- Penn State announces 2018 University-wide faculty and staff awards
- New Penn State Policies page launched