“Back to State” Information for Faculty
For current information on University-wide news and actions related to the COVID-19 pandemic and on-campus teaching and learning, visit Penn State’s comprehensive Keep Teaching website and “Back to State” page, which includes regularly updated answers to many FAQs.
Also, visit the faculty-specific “Back to State” resources page, read the latest pandemic-related University news stories, and review the content in the “News for Faculty and Instructors” emails sent on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
The Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs works closely with the Executive Vice President and Provost in areas including faculty development, leadership training, promotion and tenure, executive searches and reviews, and other issues related to academic personnel and their concerns. The Vice Provost also serves as the Provost’s contact person for the Big Ten Academic Alliance, the academic arm of the Big Ten Conference, and the University Faculty Senate in issues relating to faculty affairs, and is the liaison for the Provost and President to University deans and chancellors.
Penn State Faculty Affairs News
- NEW: 2021-22 Administrative Fellows Program now accepting applications
- NEW: Nominations sought for 2021-22 Penn State Laureate
- Spring 2021 plans announced, giving faculty, students, and staff time to prepare
- Faculty and Staff Town Hall held Sept. 23 archived online for viewing
- New resources available for underrepresented, marginalized faculty members
- New Faculty Orientation (NFO) Seminar Series announced
- 2020-2021 Promotion and Tenure FAQs and related documents are available on the Promotion and Tenure webpage
- David Witwer, professor of American studies, named 2020-21 Penn State Laureate
- Big Ten Academic Alliance Academic Leadership Program inducts six new fellows
- Five named to Big Ten Academic Alliance Department Executive Officers program
- Two faculty members honored with Evan Pugh Professorships
- Three selected as Administrative Fellows for 2020-21 academic year
- Laura Guertin receives the 2020 President’s Award for Excellence in Academic Integration
- Ten faculty named 2020 Distinguished Professors at Penn State
- Penn State’s new Visiting Scholar policy takes effect
(Visit the Visiting Scholars webpage for additional information.)